Popular Posts

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Journey of the Azkaleros- part 1

  The journey of the Azkaleros this year was one of the best thing that has ever happened to me. I never expected to be so passionate about something and to have met people that I can now call my family. It all started with a Facebook contest. I remember after the Azkals came home last year from the Semi-finals versus Indonesia, Hardball (Sports show on ANC) had a contest on FB. They asked people to post on their wall and get a chance to watch the Azkals live on their show. Fifteen lucky winners were chosen and I was one of them. I remember being so excited but at the same time it was a bit hesitant because I did not know anyone. I followed my instinct and went to the studio of Abs-cbn to meet the players. While waiting for the show to start, I met the other winners of the contest and got to get to talk to them and who could have thought that some of them are now my closest friends. I also met Mr. Dan Palami, who was so kind to us and the rest of the Azkals who came that day. 

 December 23 was the start of the crazy journey of the Azkaleros. We decided to create a group that started with 6 and just grew through time. Our group came together because of our love for the sport and the love for our team. We all come from different backgrounds, some of us are students, nurses,teachers and professionals. We all just met because of football and we are all so thankful that the Azkals brought us together because we can now call ourselves friends, sisters and family. I wanted to share our journey through pictures and while browsing all our pictures, so many memories came back and I wanted to share so many pictures to all of you but there are just so so many so here are the highlights our Journey as a group

The first time we went to the practice of the Azkals...

Our first picture and the first time meeting with the azkals


Hard Ball Show with the Azkals, Dan Palami, Nonong Araneta and Winners of the Contest

First time meeting Sir Dan

First time to meet Sir Nonong!

Meryl, Mhean and Me with our co-winners.. OUr first picture together

One of our closest friends, Nong Ian! Salamt Nong..Mahal ka namin!
With Phil, this was after dancing the Philly with him


one of our first games together in the UFL



After Global vs Air Force with sir Dan and Ernie Nierras

Our first picture with El Capitano (take note he was playing for Global)

Watching the UFL together.. we loved UFL weekends..

First meeting with Jason at the Fort on the second day that he arrived in Manila before going to Bacolod

Azkaleros in Alabang with our Manager, Cedelf TUpas

We did the Philly with Phil.. check out our dance on youtube (kakahiya..hehehe)
 . 

No comments:

Post a Comment